Voila my baking result in years
Guilt free enjoyment
Washing up as you go a long
My baking stuff
My baking view
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 3/4 cups (260g) plain flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2/3 firmly packed cup (150g) dark brown sugar
- 3 large over-ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Lightly grease an 11cm x 22cm loaf pan and line base and 2 long sides with a sheet of baking paper, leaving 2cm overhanging.
- Sift flour, cinnamon, baking powder, soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt into a bowl with the brown sugar, then add the nuts.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas with a fork or potato masher, then stir in the eggs, vanilla extract and cooled melted butter. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until they're just combined - don't overmix.
- Scrape cake batter into prepared pan. Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour or until golden brown and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool the loaf in pan 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Cut into 8-10 slices - and enjoy with a cup of chai :)