Thursday 3 September 2009

Whitstable Beaches


I couldn't let the summer go by without visiting the seaside. For quite some time I found myself enjoying my own company and so I thought as a treat I would go on a mini adventure (in preparation for a much bigger adventure to come - watch this space). When you are stuck in an open plan office as I am, you often find yourself daydreaming of places you want to see and visit. I found myself randomly choosing Whitstable in Kent for my trip.


As you walk along the beaches in Whitstable, you will come across an array of beach houses that you can't stop envying the occupants delight of waking up to amazing sunrises and enjoying the amazing colours of the sunset.


Beach houses line the pathway of Cushing's View


I stopped of for a bit of lunch at the Neptune pub and once done went for a long walk towards the West beach, where the path is lined up of more beach houses and huts.


The beach huts on the West beach come in the same shape and size; but are personalised by owners/occupants in various colourful patterns.


After my walk to the West beach, decided to walk back to the Harbour.


Where the town of Tankerton meets Whitstable is an area known as Tankerton Slopes. I came across this particular beach house and fell in love with it instantly and couldn't stop looking at it. I think it would have to be one my favourite beach houses.

Sat on Tankerton Slopes and thought to myself that I will certainly be returning to Whitstable and next time will stay a little longer. What I really liked about it, was how unspoilt it still remains which gives it its uniqueness of being the perfect secret seaside hideaway.

2 comments:

Rehan Qayoom said...

Stunning Photos. Hope you tried out the oysters. Whistable is famous for its oysters.

Suma said...

Thanks Rehan. I'm not a fan of oysters.