Monday 5 October 2009

Things to do, people to see...

So, the last couple of weekends have been pretty manic and has kept me from doing my usual favourite things - taking photos, blogging, tweeting etc. But, here I am to remind me and you (whoever you are) of some of the fun I've had so far.

Last weekend was all about Durga puja festivities - lots of fun with friends and family. But, the weekend ended of on a rather special high - thanks to Talvin Singh. A group us went to see him and Niladri Kumar play in Camden; and they were absolutely fantastic. Ever since my uni days, I have been waiting to hear him play live and all I can say - is waiting patiently for ten years certainly paid off big time.

This weekend was another packed one - of going to the films and food. Watched Wake Up Sid!, which was a nice, easy on the eye type of movie, which you could use some of your brain and leave the other half at home ;) As with most of my weekends, this was another foodie one. So, it started with Indian street food at Masala zone, Thai at a cute place called Cool Monkey in Holland Park, brunch in Wimbledon and ended with sumptuous food from Kerala at Rasa on Charlotte's Street in central London - phew - I'm exhausted.


You're probably thinking I should have a quite one next weekend, alas that isn't to be the case, as it's that time of the year when I'm off on my travels. I'll leave you guessing of my destination.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness me!! Those are super packed weekends... I'll need a holiday after each one of those to unwind!!!

Where are you off to?? somewhere in Europe??!!! No!! Athens??? No!! Turkey?? Where.... please tell us!! Cant wait to see pics!!

Suma said...

It's not Europe or Asia - keep on guessing :)