Saturday 12 December 2009

Why I love London....

Well, you think it's going to be a quite night in at home, but then your friend tells you that Yolanda Brown is playing at the Jazz Cafe in Camden. And you say to yourself, why not, you have nothing planned for night and it's all about living for the moment. I had no idea who she is, but was pretty excited to find out that she is a saxophonist.

So, I arrive and the performance has started - thanks to the London tubes! And, I'm blown away by amazing music and the excellent crowd. She plays music from her old and new album (I managed to record a small video of her); and her band is absolutely amazing too. The performance finishes just after 11pm and then Choice FM's DJ Calvin Francis plays some old skool soul music and dancing begins. I call it night after three songs, much to my friend's disappointment, my feet hurt after standing through all of Yolanda's show and its time for rest.

This is why I love London - there is always something to do. Although, today is totally different and have said no to some other friends. I just feel like hanging out in my side of town.












No comments: